Friday 11 January 2013

deery me!!

Today, instead of going to college as I usually would, I went back to Attingham Park. It was very cold and foggy when I woke up this morning and I couldn't wait to get down there with my camera.




With the light soft as it is with the fog, it has given everything a rather mysterious look.
As I said in my last blog post, the whole reason for going this time, was to find deer.

I went hopeful, but unsure we would find any deer (I have been twice now and not found any). 

We decided to do the WWII walk this time and were strolling along chatting, kind of isolated by the fog, when lo and behold......




 We came across deer!!! And lots of them!!!

My friend Lucy was the first to notice them there in their herd. Even when pointed out to me, I couldn't see them straight away. If it wasn't for Lucy I may have just walked straight past :-)

I think that the fog helped cloak us slightly from the deer and although alert to any noises, they seemed quite happy for us to snap away. 

You can see from the photos, just how foggy it was this morning. What you can't see from the photo's is quite how excited I am, I could hardly contain myself!!!

Now all I need to do, once I have thawed out a bit more, is use all of this research to make my textile piece.

Take care 

Janine x

P.s, Sorry for the really bad pun at the beginning, but I had to name the post with deer in it somewhere and it was the best I could come up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment